So what else are these mysterious creatures hiding from us? Can they fly? Can they speak English and just choose not to?
We found some pretty neat facts from the Humane Society about cats we certainly didn't know were a thing. Check them out!
1. A group of cats is referred to as a clowder.
I KNOW, RIGHT? I normally just call a group of cats "the best."
2. Cats spend about 70% of their lives sleeping.
Same, guys. Same.
3. A cat has 32 muscles in its ear.
Humans only have 6. But then again, humans can't move their ears like cats.
4. Having a pet cat can reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke by 33%.
Petting a cat lowers your blood pressure and relieves anxiety. So go ahead, take those extra few minutes in the morning to lay with your lil' buddy.
5. Each cat has a unique nose print.
Much like a fingerprint, each cat has a different nose print. Good luck getting your cats to sit still long enough for you to spot the differences, though.