So what else are these mysterious creatures hiding from us? Can they fly? Can they speak English and just choose not to?
We found some pretty neat facts from the Humane Society about cats we certainly didn't know were a thing. Check them out!
1. A group of cats is referred to as a clowder.
I KNOW, RIGHT? I normally just call a group of cats "the best."
2. Cats spend about 70% of their lives sleeping.
Same, guys. Same.
3. A cat has 32 muscles in its ear.
Humans only have 6. But then again, humans can't move their ears like cats.
4. Having a pet cat can reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke by 33%.
Petting a cat lowers your blood pressure and relieves anxiety. So go ahead, take those extra few minutes in the morning to lay with your lil' buddy.
5. Each cat has a unique nose print.
Much like a fingerprint, each cat has a different nose print. Good luck getting your cats to sit still long enough for you to spot the differences, though.
6. The Egyptian Mau is the oldest cat breed.
These cats were revered as goddesses in Egypt. Well, DUH! Look how precious they are!
7. Cats can make almost 1000 different vocalizations, while dogs can only make 10.
8. A cat's nose will tell you what color they are under their skin!
A dual colored nose means a dual colored cat! This is a much easier way to find out than shaving your whole cat.
9. Cats can run up to 30mph in a short distance.
That's definitely faster than I can go. But then again, most things are.
10. Long haired cats are only about 100 years old.
Until then, it was mainly short-haired cats running around. Long-haired ones were actually bred into existence!
So there you go, 10 new facts about cats! Learning is fun.