Not the typical face of a hero, but a hero none the less! Jaxon is an 11-year-old pug who has been honored by his town by receiving the "Hometown Hero Award" after saving his family from a potential disaster. When Jaxon noticed that an electrical outlet was sparking, he was able to alert his family with his barks. This gave the family enough time to extinguish the fire and prevent their house from catching on fire.
His owners realized that something was wrong because his bark sounded different than normal.
"Dogs have different kinds of barks, so he has his 'somebody's at the door' bark and then he has his 'holy crap something's happening' bark," - Mikaela Sebree.
The Meridian Fire Chief Mark Neimeyer was impressed with Jaxon's catch, and explained how it could have been so much worse.
"Certainly his actions and the actions of this dog saved that house from potentially igniting and catching on fire and going up into walls and up into the attic and caused significant damage," - Meridian Fire chief Mark Neimeyer.
Jaxon prevented the house from catching on fire, much to the relief of his owners.
"Jaxon is definitely a super pug, he deserves the hometown hero. He saved our house, he saved our lives and he saved our memories," - Todd Lavoie
I wonder if Jaxon's new badge will earn him a ride on a fire truck?
Good job Jaxon! Your family is lucky to have you!