Bananas are a seriously underrated fruit. But what if I told you...they're not a fruit at ALL! You heard me.
Get ready for more nuggets of wisdom like that. Let's get started.
1. Bananas grow upside down towards the sun, which is why they're curved.
2. Bananas ripen faster when attached to a bunch.
3. Banana ketchup is incredibly popular in the Philippines.
4. Artificial banana flavoring tastes different than real bananas because it's based on a type of banana that hasn't been around since the 1950s. The banana species it was based off of was attacked by a fungus and no longer exists, which is why we aren't used to the flavor.
5. Bananas are natural diuretics and can help keep your digestive system functioning properly A thief in Mumbai swallowed a gold chain, so he was forced to eat 48 bananas so the chain would leave his body.
If a banana isn't a fruit, then what is it? Keep reading to find out!