The United States of America is one of the few remaining "super powers." Our country often makes headlines around the world for any number of reasons, but there are still some little known facts about the US that will simply blow your mind.
1. The penny costs more to make than it is actually worth.
The penny actually costs 1.5 cents to produce and is good for virtually nothing. The only solution, scrap the penny. Why hasn't it happened?
2. In Delaware it's legal to get an annulment if you got married on a dare or as a prank.
The fact that this is actually a law begs the question, why?
3. An annual masturbate-a-thon is held in San Francisco for charity.
Not 100% sure what prompted this idea, but if it's for charity, why not?
4. There are 84 people in the United States named LOL
I guess people are truly running out of names to give to their kids.
5. 2.1 million Americans still use AOL dial-up internet.
Oh, first world problems.