What if I told you that you can make homemade ice cream in 15 min without any fancy equipment?! Sounds crazy right? Crazy awesome!
Cool off in 15 minutes with creamy homemade ice cream, any flavor you want! Shake all your ingredients together and boom! A creamy treat to enjoy in a cup or cone!
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional flavors (chocolate chips, chopped strawberries, crushed cookies)
- a lot of ice
- 6 tablespoons kosher or rock salt
- any flavorings of your choice
- one gallon sized freezer bag
- one smaller freezer bag
- In the smaller bag, combine cream, milk, sugar, and any flavoring you want. For vanilla, simply add vanilla extract. Remove as much air as possible from bag, before sealing tight.
- Fill the larger bag halfway with ice. Add salt over the ice. Mix the bag to help distribute the salt.
- Place the bag of ice cream mixture inside and seal the larger bag well. Shake the bag continuously for about 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture become firmer. Use a kitchen towel or oven mitts to protect your hands from the cold.
- Remove the ice cream filled bag from the ice, wipe the bag clean from salt, and scoop out the ice cream to serve.