Coffee gives me life. There I've said it. Sorry hubby but it's that first cup of coffee that I wake up for each morning. I'll never give up that first cup, but there are other ways to bring coffee into your life. We've already written about coffee steak (seriously it's delicious) but these other recipes are definitely worth trying.
1. Coffee Pudding
While a lot of people like a strong cup of coffee, most probably wouldn't want it so thick you can eat it. That's only because they've never had coffee like this before.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup espresso, or strong brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium sauce pan combine the cream and coffee and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Watch closely as cream boils over quickly and is a disaster to clean up – speaking from experience.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch, salt and sugar. Whisk to remove any and all lumps.
- Once cream and coffee are simmering add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Boil gently for 1 minute. Pour hot pudding through a fine strainer to remove any little cornstarchy clumps.
- Pour into serving dishes then cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
Then serve with whipped cream!
Continue To See Fried Eggs with Coffee Chipotle Mole!