The first time I tried Tiramisu it was in a fancy restaurant in Italy and I thought it was a gift from the Gods. Little did I know it could be whipped up at home with just a few simple ingredients!
This rich, smooth, velvety, blend of flavors hit all the right marks. Coffee, check … Liqueur, check … sweet, creamy dessert, YES PLEASE! This heaven soaked Tiramisu comes together in a snap, the perfect no-stress dessert for your next potluck, dinner party or holiday gathering.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liquor or Brandy
- 1 1/2 cups espresso or strong coffee at room temperature – sweetened if desired
- 1 package Lady Fingers
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
Beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form in a medium bowl.
Stir in mascarpone cheese and amaretto.
Dip lady fingers in coffee and place in an 8×8 pan to make the first layer.
Spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of first layer of lady fingers.
Repeat process with second layer of lady fingers and cream mixture.
Dust the top of dessert with cocoa powder using a sifter or hand held kitchen strainer tool.
Refrigerate for about 4-8 hours.