As the cold days drag on, it can be hard to find a recipe that will both excite your family and be simple to make.
Sure, stew, soups, and casseroles are easy. But at some point, it's time to switch it up!
Why not try a delicious batch of slow cooker chicken nachos to spice things up?
The Seasoned Mom has an amazing recipe for these chicken nachos and it's so simple you can just throw everything in the crock pot and be done with it!
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite nacho toppings
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle with taco seasoning, and pour salsa over top. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When chicken is finished cooking, shred with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- Keep chicken warm in slow cooker until ready to serve nachos.
- Place tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Spoon hot, shredded chicken over tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese. Cheese will melt from the heat of the chicken; or you can place the nachos under the broiler for a few minutes to get the cheese crispy and browned on top. Garnish with additional toppings of choice!
And there you have it! A simple, tasty, different dish to serve up on a cool evening...or even as a summer treat!