Any soft drink fans know that it's not about Pepsi vs Coke, it's all about the Dr. Pepper. That slightly spicy taste is so much better than anything else that comes in a can.
It's so good that I don't think we should stop at a drink. Why not add that special flavor to more things, things we love, things like cake! Just so happens that I have a recipe that will please any Dr. Pepper fan - here's how to make it.
- 1cup butter
- 1cup Dr. Pepper cola
- 1⁄2cup buttermilk
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 4tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons cinnamon
- 2cups flour
- 2cups sugar
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 3tablespoons cocoa
- chopped nuts
- 1⁄4cup Dr. Pepper cola
- 1box powdered sugar
- Heat 1 Cup of butter and Dr Pepper.
- Add the cocoa, cinnamon, flour and sugar to the butter mixture.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla and add to the rest of the mixture.
- Pour into prepared 8 or 9 inch pans.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- DR PEPPER ICING Heat butter, Dr Pepper and cocoa stirring until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Frost cake.