I don't know about you, but for me the highlight of any meal is the mashed potatoes. I'm not shy about proclaiming myself the world's foremost expert in mashed potatoes. So when I saw this recipe that promised to improve upon them I was skeptical to say the least.
Well I am skeptical no more! This took literally my favorite thing and made it even better and I won't stop until everyone's tried these.
Here's what you need:
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and large diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot a water with a pinch of salt. Cook until soft. Drain.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, cold butter, chives, salt and pepper. Using a masher, mash everything together until fully combined and to your desired consistency. If you don't have a masher, use the back of a fork.
- Transfer potato mixture to a greased casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- In a bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter until fully combined. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
[Source: Cooktop Cove]