Caramel apples are a carnival classic, but what if we reversed it and put to caramel inside?
Warm apple pie flavors without any of the hassle of making pie dough. You don’t even have to peel them, just core them and fill them up with homemade caramel.
- 4 royal gala apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cups walnut pieces
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, then add vanilla extract.
- Cut tops off of all the apples(reserve for decoration).
- Using melon baller remove insides of all apple making sure you don’t get too close to the peel. Place balls into a small bowl and pour lemon juice over them and toss.
- Pour caramel into hollowed apples sprinkle with walnut pieces.
- Place a toothpick into an apple ball and dip away!