Wonton wrappers are something I often keep in my freezer for easy appetizers and snacks. These Apple Pie Cream Cheese Bombs are the perfect little treat to bake up with wonton wrappers if you’re cooking up a storm for a crowd!
We love A Spicy Perspective's blog and knew we had to give these a try. These little bombs are packed with delicious apple pie flavor, and they’re out of the oven in no time at all! It doesn’t get much easier than these sweet little treats!
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Add the diced apples and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until the apples are soft. Then stir in the apple butter and remove from heat.
- Cut the cream cheese into 24 scant ½ inch squares. Melt the remaining butter for brushing. Set a small bowl of water close by for dipping.
- Brush a small spot of butter on the prepared baking sheet. Place one wonton wrapper on the melted butter. Top the wonton with one cream cheese square, followed by one teaspoon of apple filling.
- Dip your finger in water and paint a thin line of water around the square edges of the wonton. Pinch two opposite corners of the wonton together. Then gather the remaining corners and pinch together in the center. Pinch all open seams closed.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, wonton wrappers, and fillings until you have 24 sealed wontons. Brush the remaining melted butter over the tops and sides of each wonton to help the wontons crisp up in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the wontons are golden and crunchy. Cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Recipe By: A Spicy Perspective