I know how it sounds...Armadillo Eggs?! Stick with me here...these grilled “eggs” are so yummy! With only four ingredients, this grilled food will be a hit at your next summer BBQ!
All you need are some jalapenos, goat cheese, Italian sausage, and bacon to make this for dinner tonight. The creamy goat cheese is the perfect addition to the mild heat of the jalapeno, and who doesn’t love anything and everything bacon-wrapped?! Plan to make about one egg for each person eating - once you give this a try, you won’t want to share!
- 4 jalapenos, cored and seeded
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- ½-1 pound bacon
- Preheat one side of grill to 300 degrees.
- Pack each jalapeno with goat cheese, then divide the ground sausage into four patties.
- Press a cheese-stuffed jalapeno into the center of a patty making sure the pepper is completely enclosed by the sausage.
- Wrap one or two slices of bacon tightly around the sausage. Repeat steps until all “eggs” are wrapped in bacon.
- Place wrapped “eggs” on the grill away from the heat for indirect cooking for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy immediately!