With a dash of spice, a hint of sweet, and jam-packed with yummy bacon wrapped sausage, these Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa Bites will be a hit for your next get-together (or regular old Saturday!). What the Fork's little kielbasa bites looked so delicious, we just had to try them for ourselves - we were not disappointed!
Spend just a little bit of time wrapping these up and skewering them with a toothpick, and in all their basted glory these bites will come out of the oven and right to your mouth in one swift motion. These are addictive and guaranteed to fill you up - you might even want to make a second batch to share!
- 1 pound kielbasa
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a baking/cooling rack. Lightly spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Cut kielbasa down the middle, lengthwise. Slice each half into 1 inch pieces, you should have about 30 pieces of kielbasa. Cut each piece of bacon into thirds. Wrap one bacon strip around each piece of kielbasa and secure with a toothpick. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Keep warm on low.
- Brush the kielbasa with glaze and place on the baking sheet/rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes and baste every 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe By: What the Fork