Usually wrapping something makes it insanely better and in this case it does just that! Everyone loves tater tots already and this takes it to a new level!
A nice crispy tater tot can’t get even better right?! Yes it can! Wrap it in gooey cheese, smoky bacon and BOOM you have Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tot Bombs a mind blowing appetizer to blow your guests away!
- 24 tater tots
- 24 slices sharp cheddar cheese , the size of the tater tot, but thinly sliced
- 12 slices thick cut bacon , cut in half
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- When you are cutting your sharp cheddar cheese you can cut them the same height and width as the face of your tot, but just make sure that the squares are thin since your bacon should still wrap around the tots without creating a bulge for the cheese.
- Roll each tater tot with a piece of cheese on it in the piece of bacon.
- You don't want to roll it too tight as it will tighten up even more during baking and break the tater tot inside, but just tight enough to not leave extra slack.
- Add the brown sugar to a small bowl and dip each bacon tater tot bomb in the brown sugar.
- You can pat down on it lightly to add a layer of brown sugar to it
- Put each one in the baking pan bacon seam side down.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until you bacon is browned.
- Careful when removing from the pan, your brown sugar is now basically molten sugar and can cause a sugar burn if you handle them immediately.