Everyone needs a quick and easy breakfast every once and a while, and there is nothing more delicious than these Banana and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Baked Cups.
They are kind of like little muffins but a lot better for you! They combine the flavors of banana break with the texture of an oatmeal cookie and the density of a muffin. The best of all three worlds!
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teapoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine your oats in a bowl with the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs with the maple syrup.
4. Add the mashed banana and vanilla and combine until smooth.
5. Whisk in the milk and coconut oil slowly.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the oatmeal and stir together.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop your mixture into the cups. Press the oats down so there is liquid over the entire cup.
9. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
10. Cool for a few minutes then serve with extra maple syrup!
You can even freeze these if you want to prepare them in advance for the week! Just wrap eat cup individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Unwrap and microwave for about 2 minutes with a cup of water in the microwave to keep them from drying out!