Banana splits are my favorite ice cream treat but I could never get it in a cone! After a few experiments….eureka! Cake in a ice cream cone with all the delicious flavors I love!
It all starts with simple cake mix and adding ice cream to the batter ensures all the ice cream flavor without a melty mess! Pineapple frosting and a cherry on top is the perfect way to enjoy these Banana Split Cupcake Cones!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 bananas, roughly mashed
- 1 cup Ben and Jerry's Banana Split Ice Cream, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8.25 ounce) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 5 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To a large mixing bowl add the cake mix, bananas, melted ice cream, eggs and oil.
- Beat until combined and creamy.
- Place cones in a cone baking rack; add 2 tablespoons of batter to each cone.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Coat the top of the cupcake with a thin layer of the pineapple frosting; add a drizzle of the melted candy and some sprinkles.
- Place tray in the refrigerator until melted candy has hardened.
- Add more frosting and top with a cherry.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the pineapple and mix until well combined.
- Add the confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Store frosting in the refrigerator.