Barbeque season is in full swing, lunches and dinners are being grilled to perfection. Now Breakfast can be grilled up when camping or the comfort of your own backyard!
Bacon & Eggs Pan Pie is a full breakfast in a pan! Bacon, Eggs, gooey cheese and I know chips don’t count as potatoes in the morning but they sure are yummy! Just toast up some bread and the whole family can enjoy a slice!
- 2 packs of bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 18-24 eggs
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bag potato chips
- 4 cups cheddar, shredded
- Green onions, sliced (for garnish, if desired)
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat.
- Grill bacon on medium heat until partially cooked and not crispy.
- Remove bacon from the grill, then roll two or three strips of bacon up together and place into a large cast-iron pan.
- Pour in vegetable oil between the rolled up bacon to ensure the eggs do not stick.
- Crack eggs in between the rolled up strips of bacon.
- Sprinkle diced onion evenly on top of eggs and bacon, then sprinkle with some freshly cracked black pepper.
- With the grill heated to 275-300 degrees, place cast-iron pan on the opposite side (indirect heat). Close the lid. Halfway through cooking, spin the pan around so that it cooks evenly on all sides, then close the lid again.
- Take your potato chips and crush them up, then mix with the cheese.
- Once eggs are almost finished, add potato chip-cheese mixture evenly on top of the eggs and bacon. Close the lid of the BBQ again.
- Once everything has cooked through and the cheese has melted, remove pan from the BBQ and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve and sprinkle with green onions, if desired.