I remember a time where I had to wait until my dinner was done before I could have more candy, what if dinner and candy were the same thing?
With the help of this vintage recipes from the 50s we can now put beef inside of our candy! Pretty much what this is, is a old fashioned fudge recipe with BEEF! You know you want to try just a little piece?
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup ground beef, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Cook first 6 ingredients in a thick bottomed pan over medium high heat until the mixture reaches 238 degrees(using a candy thermometer).
- Cool mixture to 120 degrees, just leave the thermometer in mixture.
- Using hand mixer beat the mixture until thick, stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8 by 8 baking dish, let it set at room temperature.