French toast or cinnamon buns? If you were given only one choice for breakfast, what would you choose? COULD you choose? I couldn't.
Thankfully, you don't have to anymore!
This cinnamon bun french toast breakfast bake is the answer to all your problems! Great for a weekend treat, or to impress your family if they come over for brunch.
It's got everything you could ever want in a sweet-treat breakfast! And it's maybe the easiest thing ever to make.
Buckle up and get ready to have your mind (and taste buds) blown.
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
2. In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1 cup syrup.
3. Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
4. Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional 1/2 cup maple syrup.
And there you have it! A delicious, decadent, dessert-breakfast the whole family will love!