Y'know when you get those chocolate cravings that seem impossible to kick? You try drinking water, eating fruit, or focusing on something else but your body is more or less SCREAMING at you to eat something chocolate.
These cravings seem to double in frequency when you're trying to lose weight. You have to make the decision to either sit with a craving for WEEKS or go off track and indulge in some real chocolate. Why isn't there a better way?
Actually, there is!
The mini chocolate cheesecake bites are the perfect solution to your chocolate cravings and only take 5 ingredients. Each mini cheesecake is only 3 smart points, so you can indulge without feeling guilty!
What You'll Need
- 1 oz (1 square) semisweet baking chocolate, plus 1/8 oz shavings (Bakers)
- 4 oz Philly 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 225F. Line a mini muffin pan with mini cups or mini muffin liners.
- Melt 1 oz chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between until chocolate has melted, about 1 1/2 minutes total.
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar, then add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- With a spoon, fold in egg (always folding under) and the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tbsp in each cup. Bake 50 minutes, then turn the oven off and let the cheesecakes sit in the oven 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving (2 hours or overnight in the fridge).
- Shave the remaining chocolate and sprinkle over the top before serving.