Ice cream comes in all the colors of the rainbow yet one color has still yet to be made, until now! The guilty pleasure that is ice cream has a new gothic look and the same delicious flavor with some added health benefits!
No need for a ice cream maker, Homemade ice cream has never been easier! This simple recipe will have your family and friends seeing black and tasting delicious vanilla! The real secret is that charcoal has the benefits of whitening your teeth and curing your hangover, so you might want to keep your freezer stocked with black ice cream at all times!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup activated charcoal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Waffle cone optional
- Add heavy cream to a large bowl. Using a chilled metal bowl will work best, but glass will also do.
- Add 1/3 of the activated charcoal to the large bowl.
- Beat mixture until stiff peaks form. Set mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, add sour cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and remaining charcoal to mixture.
- Whisk mixture together until well-combined.
- Fold whipped mixture into whisked mixture until mixed. Do not handle too much or else ice cream will lose creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- Scoop it up and enjoy