Who said pancakes have to be sweet and not savory? Not me, that’s for sure! Check out these family favorites of mine.
Finally a pancake to fill your belly! Top this with some bacon, sour cream and cheese! Syrup not needed but believe it or not, maple syrup takes it to a whole other level!
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Sour cream, bacon, green onions, cheddar cheese
- Keep potatoes covered with cold water until ready to grate in the food processor.
- Fit the medium shredding blade into food processor and shred potatoes and onion.
- Dry potatoes and onion between sheets of paper towel.
- In a large bowl combine potato mixture with eggs, flour, baking powder, parsley and salt. In a large skillet heat 1/8 inch vegetable oil until hot. Pour in 1/3 cup potato mixture, flattening with the back of a wooden spoon, and fry until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel and keep warm in a 100 degree oven.