If you like ooey gooey cheese, smoky bacon and sugar bush maple, you need to read this recipe immediately!
This couldn’t be anymore simple as wrapping everything up in pastry and putting in the oven. The only problem you’ll have is crowd control around this Maple Bacon Baked Brie!
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 puff pastry, thawed
- wheel of Brie
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the puff pastry on the parchment paper and place the brie in the middle.
- Pour the maple syrup in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir bacon into maple syrup and spoon all but about 3 tablespoons over the brie to cover.
- Fold the corners of the puff pastry over the brie to cover.
- In a bowl combine water and egg and mix.
- Brush egg wash over puff pastry.
- Pour remaining maple bacon mixture over the puff pastry and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve immediately.