Onion rings have been around as long as I can remember. I had to ask myself the question, why not stuff the whole onion?! After separating all the layers it makes for the perfect vessel for any of your favorite flavors.
Buffalo wings are by far my favorite thing to eat, so I decided to mix up some spicy wings sauce, moist chicken, cheese and stuff it all into an onion! Wrap them up with smoky bacon, not only to add flavor but to also keep all the delicious buffalo flavor in! In minutes your whole family or friends will be begging you for the recipe!
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3-4 medium/large yellow onions
- 1 package of bacon
- Additional Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rotisserie chicken, ¾ cup Frank’s, green onion, and cheese until well-incorporated.
- Cut the top and bottom off each onion, cut in half, and peel off the skin. Separate the onion into layers, then use the larger outside layers to stuff. Save the inner layers for another recipe.
- Stuff the buffalo chicken mix between two onion layers, basically making an onion seal around a large buffalo chicken “meatball.”
- Wrap each “bomb” with 3 slices of bacon, and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake on a wire rack in a pan with sides (to catch the grease) for 30-40 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Serve with additional Frank’s for dipping. Enjoy!