With the 4th of July rapidly approaching your backyard bash needs as many themed snack as possible! These Buffalo Puppies will make America proud!
Now hot dogs can be spicy hot as well! These fun hot dog sliders bring all the flavor of hot wings right into a bun! These two bite dogs will not last long!
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled strong blue cheese
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped, plus extra ribs cut into sticks for serving
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 48 cocktail hot dogs
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, plus extra for drizzling, such as Frank's
- 24 slider potato rolls
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup blue potato chips, crushed
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and blue cheese in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes, and then stir in the celery.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the hot dogs and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce and cook until the hot dogs are coated, 1 to 2 minutes. Slice vertically through each potato bun, about halfway through so it resembles a top-split hot dog bun, and place 2 buffalo dogs in each. Top with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the blue cheese sauce, a drizzle of hot sauce (as spicy as you like it), some red onions and crushed blue chips.
- Serve the sliders with any extra blue cheese sauce and celery sticks on the side for dipping.