Ah... burgers and fries, how could they get any better? Well they can’t, so let’s make a casserole with it as our inspiration!
If you have frozen french fries and ground beef at your house, you're halfway there! With only 10 min prep time and your oven doing the rest, you and your family could enjoy this tonight! What kid would say no to burgers and fries!?
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Half a bag frozen french fries
Optional toppings for serving:
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a pan, cook ground beef with onion and garlic until browned, adding salt and pepper to taste. Drain ground beef mixture, then mix in pickles.
- Spread beef mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, mix together eggs, mayonnaise, and cream, then pour over ground beef mixture. Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of cheese on top.
- Arrange frozen fries evenly in single layer on top of cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 35 minutes or until fries are cooked through and crispy (option broiling for a few minutes if you like your french fries extra crispy - watch carefully so it does not burn!).
- Remove dish from the oven and top evenly with remaining cup of cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is melted, then let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with desired toppings.