Caprese usually comes in the form of a classic Italian salad - until now! Caprese Calzones bring the best of the dish together into one pizza-calzone form.
You’ll love the mix of mozzarella, fresh tomato and green basil all wrapped up in some pizza dough. This makes a great after-school snack or easy dinner when you’re crunched for time!
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Your favorite pizza/spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough onto a nonstick or lightly floured surface and cut it into 4 equal squares. Layer each square with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Fold in the 2 long sides of each square, pinching at the seams and the edges to seal the calzones. Place the calzones seam-side down onto a cookie sheet and bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.