Sometimes you just don’t have the time to make an apple pie! Well I have the solution for you!
Caramel Apple Fries are super simple, toss some crisp fresh apple slices in some cinnamon and sugar. Fry them up and dip them in a luxurious cream cheese caramel dip for apple pie in minutes!
For the Apples:
- 5 Gala apples
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- Flour, enough to coat apples
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cinnamon and sugar, to taste
For the Dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- In a fry pan heat vegetable oil for frying.
- Mix together the buttermilk and sugar in a medium size bowl. Peel and slice apples and add them directly to the buttermilk mixture.
- In a shallow dish, put a layer of flour. Pull the apples out of the buttermilk mix, one at a time and lightly coat all sides in the flour.
- When oil is hot, gently place coated apples into the oil so they are not touching, fry until golden on each side. Quickly remove to a tray lined with paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with cinnamon and sugar while they are hot.
- For the dip, mix together the the cream cheese and Cool Whip until completely blended then stir in the caramel sauce. Place into a bowl for dipping and drizzle a little extra caramel sauce over the top.