Carolina chicken wings are known for being spicy, vinegary, and absolutely delicious! It’s so easy to make these classic Carolina Hot Wings at home, and now that’s it’s prime grilling season, why not give them a try?!
Plan to marinate your wings for at least 1 hour from optimal flavor. This is really the easiest wing recipe ever - just throw your marinade in a ziploc bag, get soaking in the fridge, then fire up the BBQ! Serve these with your choice of side, but the usual suspects (like corn on the cob or potato salad) will work just fine for a meal you will love!
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco (optional)
- In a bowl, mix all sauce ingredients together until well-combined.
- Place half the mixed sauce ingredients in a large freezer bag along with the chicken wings, then marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Preheat grill on medium heat, then place wings on the grill and, basting with remaining sauce throughout, cook until done, about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.