Sometimes Pillsbury just is the easiest way to reinvent a classic dish so your kiddos will get excited about dinner! This kinda looks like pizza and who doesn't like pizza!?
Chicken pot pie from scratch can take some time to prepare, so skip all the hard parts and then wrap it all up in fluffy pillsbury crescent dough. All the flavor of chicken pot pie but takes a ¼ of the time to make!
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
- ½ cup cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded or chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the frozen veggies, cream of chicken soup, chicken, and cheeses, until well-combined.
- Unroll one can of crescent roll dough onto the parchment-prepared baking sheet into a rectangle shape, sealing any perforations in the dough. Unroll the remaining tube along the edges of the two long sides of the rectangle, with the broad half of the rolls on top of the first layer of rolls, and the pointed ends extending over the sides of the pan.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture into the middle rectangle of the dough. Fold over alternating corners of the dough through the middle, continuing down the dough, until it is completely “braided.” Again, seal any perforations.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and allow to sit about 10 minutes, then slice and serve! Enjoy!