Churros are awesome, but they're pretty difficult to make. You need a deep fryer, a special pastry tip, the batter needs to be the perfect consistency...yeah no one has time for that! That's where this recipe comes in handy!
Churro Popcorn satisfies all your churro cravings PLUS it's super easy to whip up. It will literally take you 10 minutes to make this sweet, chewy, crunchy snack and you likely have all the ingredients to make it in your kitchen already.
Cinnamon Coated Popcorn
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla extract
Churro Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the churro sugar coating and set aside.
- Prepare popcorn in a popcorn maker. You can also put popcorn in a paper bag, fold over a few times, then microwave for 90-120 seconds (or until popping slows).
- Pour popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside, giving it time to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add granulated sugar, cinnamon, light corn syrup, and vanilla. Allow ingredients to simmer, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth and no longer grainy, about 2-4 minutes.
- Begin to slowly pour cinnamon coating over popcorn. Use a spatula to gently stir and toss the popcorn to coat.
- Sprinkle the top of the popcorn with 1/3 of the churro sugar coating, then toss to coat. Continue adding more churro sugar coating until popcorn is completely covered and appears light gold in color.
- Serve immediately.