If you're like me, your freezer is a bit of a disaster.
A lot of "I'll save this for later," "I'll buy an extra one because it's on sale," and "tried this once but didn't care for it" items are sitting in there, never sure of when they'll get used.
One of the things I have the most of in my freezer is frozen corn. I always think I don't have any, so I grab some at the store then come home and find 3 unopened bags.
That's why this casserole is so great! Not only do you get a cheesy, delicious corn casserole out of it, you also get some extra freezer space.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
How To Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an 8-by-12 casserole baking dish, add all the ingredients.
3. Stir with a spoon to mix everything up.
4. Bake for 50 minutes.
5. Let sit on counter for 5 minutes to set.
Could it get any easier???