With spring (hopefully) right around the corner, wouldn't it be nice to have a helping hand when cleaning?
No, I'm not offering my services. I would be terrible. But I can provide you with some neat tips to make things a little easier!
Everyone has their go-to cleaning products, but sometimes they're just not enough.
So to help you out, I scoured the internet for some great cleaning tips and I think you're gonna like them!
1. Use dryer sheets for things other than laundry
You can use them to
- buff water spots from mirrors, bathroom/kitchen fixtures, and shower doors
- removing the ring inside the toilet
- wiping baseboards clean
2. Use a lemon to get rid of a smelly garbage disposal
Grinding up a lemon in the garbage disposal will leave a fresh scent, without having to reach down in there yourself!
3. Clean your floors with laundry detergent and a tooth brush
Some warm water, light detergent, and a toothbrush are all you need to clean those stubborn stains off your tiles! You can just use a rag if you don't feel like re-enacting a scene from Annie.
4. Use vinegar to get rid of hard water stains
Use it on your taps or dishware! Put 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar in a spray bottle and soak whatever water spots you're trying to get rid of. Wait a few minutes and wipe it off with a damp cloth!
5. Clean your stainless steel appliances with olive oil
Get a really soft cloth or a microfiber cloth and add a few drops of olive oil! Clean your appliances once a month so you don't have to see those nasty finger prints all over.
6. Clean your shower scum with dish soap and vinegar
Fill a dish wand with half vinegar and half dish soap, then start scrubbing! It'll get rid of that soap scum in no time.
7. Clean your sofa with baking soda
Baking soda will take away any smells and absorb any stains. Sprinkle it on the area you want to clean, let it sit for 20 minutes, then vacuum it up!
8. Clean a burnt pan with baking soda, water, and vinegar
Fill the pan with water and add a cup of white vinegar. Bring it to a boil and take it off the stove. Add 2 tbsp of baking soda. Let it sit until cool then wipe the mixture out of the pan!
9. Get rid of pesky stains
Most of these will work on furniture and carpet, too!
- Juice: Blot with solution of 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid (like Ivory) in 1 cup warm water. Red-dye remover works on red fruit punch.
- Gum: Dab with extra-strength Bengay, heat with hair dryer, scrape with press-to-seal bag. Blot with detergent solution and rinse.
- Gravy: Pretreat with a paste of Fels-Naptha soap, then wash. Repeat if necessary. Don't put item in the dryer until the stain is gone.
- Mustard: Apply repeated applications of detergent solution to remove solids. When stain is reduced, rinse and dry in bright sunlight.
- Lipstick: Blot with acetone-based nail-polish remover, followed by the detergent solution, and rinse.
- Wine: Blot with water. If stain remains, try detergent solution. 3 percent hydrogen peroxide is effective on red wine.
And there you have it! 9 easy life hacks for your spring cleaning to-do list. What are your favorite cleaning tips? Share them with us!