Everyone loves having a clean home, but doing all the work to get one can be a pain.
If you're looking to cut some of the time, cost, and stress out of your cleaning routine, start with these 21 tips.
1. Bar Keeper's Friend is your friend
This tough cleaning product is a secret weapon. It can keep your pots and pans looking almost new. Just don't use it on any non-stick surfaces.
2. It even works in your shower
The soft liquid version takes the grime off glass shower doors and shower floors.
3. Use alcohol or bleach to get mold off your walls
After a day or so, covering the moldy spot with mold-killing primer should solve the problem. If not, call a professional.
4. Wipe your faucets with wax paper to prevent water spots from building
5. The same trick works for your shower curtain rod
Try it on the metal rod in your closet too. Your hangers will slide across it more smoothly.
6. After doing the dishes, always rub down your sink with hot water and soap
7. If you notice stains on your porcelain sink, you can wipe them off with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
Sprinkle the baking soda over the stains, then dab a sponge with the peroxide. The stains should scrub right off.
8. You can make your own Magic Erasers to save money
These products are just blocks of melamime foam, which you can buy in sheets or pre-cut blocks. But be warned: some customers think the brand name version lasts longer.
9. Rust remover wipes away hard water marks in your shower
Use a little Whinks and a damp sponge to clean them up in no time.
10. Here's another solution:
Mix Dawn dish soap and vinegar, then rub the solution on with a Magic Eraser.