Soup is the ultimate comfort food especially on colder days, but for a lot us it only makes an appearance on our menus when we're feeling unwell. Even then, we tend to opt for classics like chicken noodle or tomato soup.
Well that's about to change because we've stumbled upon a hearty soup filled with flavors that will transport you back to your grandma's kitchen and you'll want to make it every chance you get.
The old-fashioned hamburger soup recipe calls for ground beef, vegetables and pasta to create a chunky and filling meal that you can enjoy at anytime.
If you're looking for a new addition to your weeknight rotation, this soup is the perfect candidate as it only takes about 35 minutes from start to finish and you can do it all in one pot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ a med sized onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can condensed tomato soup, plus 1 can-full of water
- 2 14-ounce cans beef broth
- 1 cup of corn or other canned/frozen vegetables
- 1 cup small pasta, cooked to package directions
1. Heat olive oil in a 5 quart pot or dutch oven. Add onion and saute for a few minutes, until soft.
2. Crumble ground beef and stir garlic into the pot with the onions and cook until beef is no longer pink. Drain the fat and season the beef with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in beef broth, tomato soup and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn heat down to simmer.
4. Add the vegetables and continue to simmer until vegetables are hot, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta.
5. Divide into bowls, garnish with parsley if desired, and serve hot.
[Source: Yellow Bliss Road]