Buying a slow cooker is one of the best decision any home cook can make.
Not only will you save time and money but you'll be cooking more because the recipes are so easy and require very minimal prep. You'll be able to spend more time at the dining table and less in the kitchen, especially when hosting a party.
Skip the complicated hors d'oeuvres and bring the crowd together at your next gathering with a game-changing dip that you can make ahead right in your slow cooker using only a few ingredients.
This cheese dip kicks it up a notch with the addition of spicy sausage, jalapeno and salsa. The recipe also calls for sour cream and a bit of milk to keep it smooth, creamy and easy to dip.
Serve with chips, crackers or baked tortillas for a combo that'll keep your guests begging for more.
- 1 pound spicy breakfast sausage, browned and drained
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add everything to a 3-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir.Cover and cook on high for 1.5 to 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- It is done when the cheese is melted and the dip is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!