Police officers in Carrollton, Texas were in process of responding to a call about a theft when they noticed something horrific inside the suspect's truck. Right there on the floor there was a small puppy in visible agony.
The cop grabbed the puppy out of the car and rushed him to the vet, not completely sure what had happened but knew he needed immediate help.
When they arrived at the vet the puppy had to be treated for something that doesn't happen a lot to animals: Overdose of heroin. The suspects who were in the Home Depot switching tags had left the puppy in the truck unattended with an undetermined quantity of heroin, which the curious puppy ate.
"We weren't sure exactly what was going on with it, but there was drug paraphernalia," spokeswoman Jolene DeVito said of the event, "eventually we did find drugs in the car and made sure the puppy got medical attention right away. Sure enough, he was basically suffering from a heroin overdose."
The puppy will be treated and put up for adoption and the owner faces several charges including heroin possession, fraudulent destruction, removal and concealment of writing and animal abuse will likely be added on.
Hopefully this sweet little baby gets all the care he needs and find a loving home that will treat him how he deserves!