Even the worst cooks know that you can make some mouth-watering dishes by combining flavors and textures that are total opposites.
It's why we love salted chocolate, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and cheese with crackers. This is also the key to making a delicious tuna casserole that your family will fall in love with.
The warm, creamy casserole comes alive when you add the crunch of crushed potato chips to the recipe. If you're feeling adventurous you could try a bold flavor like Cool Ranch, but this recipe is best with Original.
- 3 cups of cooked egg noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 can of condensed cream of celery soup (10-12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- Half a can (10 1/2 ounces) of evaporated milk (or regular milk in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cans of tuna, one drained
- 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, drain them and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and sauté the celery and onions until they're tender.
- Combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish, except the potato chips and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinke the cheese, then the potato chips on top of the casserole
- Return the dish to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this tasty dish with someone you know!