Deep dish pizza is not the easiest way to make pizza but can be extremely delicious. I had to figure out a way to make one at home but on the other hand be super easy and I think I figured it out!
Pizza dough from scratch, no thank you. I don’t have the time or the know how to do it. Instead grab a large french bowl and hollow it out. Now it’s as simple as filing your giant deep dish crust with all your favorite pizza toppings! But in this case pizza Fillings!
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- ½ cup pepperoni
- 1 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained well
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice top off of bread and remove most of the insides.
- Layer ¼ of the cheese on the bottom of bread bowl and a pinch of oregano, then a single layer of pepperoni, then ⅔ cup crushed tomatoes and garlic. Repeat 3 times with mozzarella being the top layer.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with olive oil, wrap in tinfoil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove tin foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.