Get your mason jars ready for this delicious dessert recipe! Mason Jar Pineapple Upside Down cake will have your mouth watering and your taste buds jumping for joy. These little individual cakes are delicious, easy to make and super adorable! Give them a try and let us know how they turn out!
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 can of crushed pineapple (drained)
- 4oz mason jars
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to this bowl, a little at a time and set aside.
- Spray each mason jar with cooking oil. Place 1 maraschino cherry at the bottom of each jar followed by 1 tbs crushed pineapple.
- Pour the cake batter into each jar until they're about half way full.
- Place the jars on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. The tops of the cakes should be golden brown when done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- To server, tip jar upside down to remove cake or serve them right in the jar! Enjoy!