On a crisp fall day last year, rescuers from He’Art of Rescue stumbled upon a despondent pup left to die on their doorstep in a box.
Upon closer inspection, the rescuers noticed that the little dog couldn't move because his entire body was covered in industrial strength glue.
The thick glue hardened and became "like a second skin in time and as thick as the cement, preventing blood flow to several points in his body," explained the rescuers. He also appeared to have two broken legs.
Aware that they did not have much time left to help the poor dog, the staff immediately took him to their facility and began the treatment process.
Apparently, the thick glue covering Pascal the dog's fur was poured on by children.
Pascal initially distanced himself from the veterinarians but once he realized that he was no longer in harm's way, he gradually warmed up.
He went through "thorough examination and specialized treatment" and his fur had to be completely shaved off. The skin underneath showed "extreme damage" due to chemical burn.
His course of treatment included "medical baths" and "special homeopathic medicines" to heal the burns and regrow his fur.
Thankfully, Pascal has since made amazing strides in his recovery and you can see what he looks like on the next page.