Your kids are going to love these Jell-O worms! They look just like real worms (but taste delicious!). They make the perfect creepy dessert for all your Halloween parties. Give them a try and let us know how they are!
- Package of flexible straws
- Package of Raspberry Jell-O
- Whipping cream
- Green food coloring
- 3 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1 mason jar (larger jars will work better than smaller ones)
- Combine the raspberry Jell-o and unflavored gelatin in a large bowl or large measuring cup and add 3 cups of boiling water.
- Stir the mixture until the gelatin is dissolved and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- While that's setting in the fridge, stretch open all the straws (kids can help with this part!)
- Fill your mason jar with the straws. Make sure to put the bendy part of the straws at the bottom.
- Measure our 3/4 cups whipping cream and add at least 15 drops of green food coloring.
- Take your gelatin mixture out of the fridge and transfer to a large measuring cup with a spout (this will make pouring easier). Add your whipping cream mixture to the Jell-o and stir until combined.
- Pour Jell-O on top of the straws in the mason jar. Once filled place in fridge for 24 hours to set.
- To get your worms out of the straws run them under hot water until leftover Jell-O pieces are washed off.
- Next, pinch the top of the straw and slide your fingers down to squeeze out the worm from the other end. This will take a bit of time, but it's worth it!
- Now your Jell-O Worms are ready to eat - if you dare!