Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring! These delicious Donut Apples mean you can satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty.
Not only are these a tasty treat for when you're craving something sweet, but your kids will love them too! Top your apple slices with peanut butter, cream cheese, Nutella and sprinkle chopped nuts, chocolate chips or sprinkles over top for a super satisfying after-school snack.
- Large apple
- You choice of spread (peanut butter, cookie butter, Nutella, cream cheese)
- You choice of topping (sprinkles, chopped nuts, toffee bits, chocolate chips, crushed cookies)
- Slice apple into 1/4 inch thick slices, cutting across the round center of the apple.
- Use an apple corer or mini icing tip to remove the core from the center of each apple slice.
- Spray the apples with a bit of lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Gently pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add a thin layer of spread on top of each slice.
- Top with sprinkles, chopped nuts, toffee bits, chocolate chips, or crushed cookies. Whatever you like!