If you get bored just thinking about going home and cooking dinner tonight, we have a dish that will make you excited to fire up the stove again. It's full of simple, tasty ingredients that you probably already have at home, and you can throw it together in just 30 minutes.
The Nacho beef skillet has all the cheesy flavor of a casserole, with a Mexican kick that makes it irresistible.
You can leave out the green chiles if you prefer a milder dinner, but it's fun to walk on the wild side once in a while!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 pouch (8 ounces) of Mexican rice
- 2 cans (10 ounces) of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (15 ounces) of whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 package (1 ounce) of taco seasoning mix
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar), chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese (6 ounces)
- Cooke the ground beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until it's thoroughly cooked. Drain the skillet.
- Microwave 1 pouch of Mexican rice (follow directions on the package).
- Add the diced tomatoes and green chiles to the beff, along with the corn, taco seasoning, bell pepper and water. Mix well.
- Stir in the cooked Mexican rice, heat the mixture until it's boiling, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top and serve!
Enjoy the spicy and savory Mexican flavor of this dish!
Share this recipe with someone you know!