Pizza parties in the halloween season should be special, but how? Skull Pizzas are the answer and I have the recipe!
Alright there’s nothing too crazy going on here, all you really need is a skull mold that most craft stores carry. After that it’s everything you want in a homemade pizza pocket. Oozing cheese is here, sauce and of course salty pepperoni!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 rolls pizza dough
- Pepperoni, or any other desired pizza toppings
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Egg wash
- Skull pan with 6 holes
- Brush each skull cavity with butter to prevent sticking.
- Begin by cutting each dough sheet in half, then place one half in each skull cavity in the pan.
- Fill with sauce, pepperoni (or other desired toppings), and cheese, then fold over the excess dough to create a seal in the back of the skull - trim off any extra dough. Repeat until all cavities in the pan have been filled.
- Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash over the sealed edges of the skulls.
- Refrigerate pan for 30 minutes to set and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once set, bake skulls in the oven 18-20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and golden brown. Allow to sit about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and serve. Enjoy!