Baking has never been my strong suit so when it was time to make something fun for my kiddos I had to choose my recipe carefully. Foolproof Rainbow cake was the pick and boy is it cool to look at and easy to make!
Taking your favorite everyday box cake mix and adding some food coloring and cutting them into fun shapes is all that's need here! Just as simple as that and your kids will think you’re a professional cake artist!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 oil
- 7 gel food coloring gels(red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet)
- 1 cup white candy melts
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prepare a 9 by 13 baking pan with parchment and non stick cooking spray
- Mix both mixes, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl.
- Divide batter equally into 7 small bowls and stir in food gels.
- Pour red batter first and bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Continue with pouring one color at a time and baking for 3-4 minutes each layer, the last layer bake for 5 minutes. Cool on resting rack
- Melt white candy melts in microwave(30 second intervals until smooth), coat the top of your cake with it.
- Once it hardens cut into rainbow and enjoy!