Frito-Lay is recalling its Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips due to possible risk of salmonella.
No illness has been reported but, the company issued the recall as a precautionary measure after a supplier discovered that the seasoning blend used to flavor the chips may be contaminated with the harmful bacteria.
The products affected by his recall were distributed in retail stores, vending machines and other food vendors throughout the U.S. Frito-Lay is working with the FDA to ensure these products are off the shelves and no longer in circulation.
The products affected by this recall are as follows:
- All sizes of Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips with a "guaranteed fresh" date of JUL 4 or prior.
2. Multipack boxes that contain the two affected products with a "use by" date of JUN 20 or prior. The recalled flavors can be found in the following packs:
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
- 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box
If you have purchased any of these potentially tainted chips, don't eat them. Throw them out immediately! Salmonella can causes serious illness and death.
If you'd like a reimbursement, visit www.jalapenochiprecall.com to receive a replacement coupon. To obtain more information about the recall, you can contact Frito-Lay customer service at 866-272-9393 between 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.