Gene Wilder has passed away at age 83. The amazing actor brought many great films, such as "Young Frankenstein", "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory", "Blazing Saddles", and "The Producers."
Nominated for two academy awards, Wilder was incredibly talented in both his writing and his acting careers.
Here are some things you probably didn't know about the amazing Gene Wilder.
1. His real name is Jerome Silberman
Born in Milwaukee, Jerome Silberman changed his name to Gene Wilder to appeal more to the Hollywood scene.
2. It was his idea for Willy Wonka to limp out during the introduction and do his famous somersault.
When asked why, he responded, "Because from that time on, no one will know if I'm lying or telling the truth"
3. He was married to Saturday Night Live star Gilda Radner
The two were married from 1984-1989, until Radner passed away from cancer.
4. He stopped acting in 2003 and became a writer
His collection of short stories is called "What Is This Thing Called Love?"
5. He was a cancer survivor.
Wilder treated his cancer with adult stem-cell treatment and was in complete remission since the year 2000.
6. He starred with Richard Pryor in four movies
The two co-starred in Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, See No Evil Hear No Evil, and Another You. Stir Crazy helped cement Wilder as a screen legend.
Thank you for all you gave us, Gene Wilder. You will be missed. Rest in peace.