Have you ever seen anything like this before? This Watermelon BBQ will be the star of your backyard get-togethers this summer. Not only does it look impressive as a decoration...but you can eat it too!
- Wooden skewers
- Cut the top 1/3 off of your watermelon. Using a small scoop remove the red flesh from the larger piece of the watermelon.
- Using an apple corer cut four holes in the bottom of the larger piece of the watermelon.
- Take two stalks of celery and cut each in half. Place the celery stalks in the holes in the watermelon. These will be the legs for your BBQ.
- Insert the wooden skewers just under the cut side of the larger piece of watermelon about 1/2"-3/4" apart to form the grill grates. Once all the skewers are in place trim any excess.
- Fill the bottom with blackberries to give the appearance of charcoal.
- Cut a piece of cucumber into quarters and attached to the top of the smaller piece of watermelon using toothpicks or skewers. This will be the handle on the lid of your BBQ.
- Chop, or slice up your selection of fresh fruit and place on skewers (these will be your kabobs). Remember to use the pieces of watermelon you removed earlier!
- Place the fruit skewers on the BBQ, serve and enjoy!